Developed using the latest technologies and highest quality materials, these Cosworth YB piston ring packs are engineered to meet the demands of modern high performance engines. As a result, they are ideal for higher power output, improved sealing, lower friction and longer life.
These cast iron ring packs are designed for use with Cosworth’s YB pistons, and each pack contains 4 x chrome plated top rings, 4 x 2nd rings and 4 x oil control rings.
The compression rings in this ring pack are manufactured from high quality cast iron. Further, the top ring is chrome plated around the periphery for increased durability and reduced friction. Finally, the oil control ring is constructed from a cast iron outer ring that contains a high strength steel alloy spring. In addition, the outer diameter of the oil control ring is hard chromium plated for even more durability.
The manufacturing tolerances of the rings in these packs exceed those found in modern-day OEM ring packs. For example, the ring thickness tolerance on the compression rings is just +/- 0.0075 mm (+/- .0003”).
The ring packs are available in 4 bore sizes:
- Standard bore (90.82 mm) = pack no KK1017
- +0.25 mm oversize (91.07 mm) = pack no KK0637
- +0.50 mm oversize (91.32 mm) = pack no KK0367
- +1.00 mm oversize (91.82 mm)= pack no 20078053
- Top ring = 1.50 mm thickness x 3.80 mm radial width
- 2nd ring = 1.75 mm thickness x 3.80 mm radial width
- Oil Control Ring = 3.00 mm thickness x 3.90 mm radial width
We also stock other types of genuine Cosworth YB piston ring options, so if you are after other rings then please get in touch.